Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Lucca

Lucca by Sarah Brianne

As delicious as I'd hoped!

Kidnapping? Yes, please. Mafia? Yes, please. Kidnapping AND mafia? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

I had been waiting for this book, reading Vincent and Chloe for the purpose of getting to this one.
Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed those two books (Vincent more than Chloe, but whatevs), but they were appetizers for the Lucca main course.

Oh man, this book had it all- nefarious villain still angling for his evil plan, mafia, kidnapping, age gap (oh yeahhh), sexy times, action, and suspense. Phew! Be still my beating heart.
In this book we find out the extent of Lucca's infatuation with Chloe, and how long it has been going on. We also FINALLY get the story of what happened to her four years prior, and also some more dirt on just how horrendous her parents are (spoiler alert: extremely damn horrendous- I would say worse than Lake's mom and stepfather). And boy, if I don't just love me some good back story.

I was glad the author had Chloe take her time warming up to the idea of human contact. A lesser author might have had her go from "Jesus- stay away from me" to "Jesus- come inside me!" within two days. This author gave Chloe some breathing room. Let her dip her toe into the pool little by little. There was some coaxing along the way. But as Lucca said- he never asked her to do something he didn't think she could handle. He didn't rush her.

I found the resolution of one of the plot points (around 65%, roughly) to be a bit oddly located. There was still a considerable number of pages left, and only the remainder of the romantic story line to carry it. What I'm saying is... it felt early to me. I also thought the way the villain handled it seemed odd.

BUT, that's neither here nor there. It is still a five-star for me!

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucca.

January 27, 2019 – Shelved