marilyn's Reviews > Before She Knew Him

Before She Knew Him by Peter  Swanson

bookshelves: edelweiss

Hen, in her early 30s, was diagnosed as bipolar as a late teen, when she made accusations against another student and then attacked her. Later she becomes obsessed with the murder of a young man, Dustin, who lived down the street from her and her husband, Lloyd. Now she and her husband live in a new house, near her art studio, and Hen becomes obsessed with her next door neighbor, accusing him of murder.

After seeing a fencing trophy in the office of her next door neighbor, Matthew, Hen is sure that he is the murderer of Dustin. Then she follows him and sees another murder. What is very interesting about this book is that no one will believe Hen because of her past bipolar accusations against her classmate, so long ago. So Matthew, who Hen believes is a murderer, is able to confess horrible things to Hen, without her being able to do anything about it.

I was fascinated by both Hen and Matthew as they did so many things that I would never do. Who would be willing to hang around with someone who they consider a serial killer? Who would kill several people and feel free to confess doing so to a person accusing him of murder? Then there is Matthew's brother Richard, who wants to kill only woman while Matthew only wants to kill men. Entering the head of these very disturbed and dangerous men had me fascinated.

There are twists and turns and what we think we know isn't always what is really true. If Matthew is really a murderer, no man is safe and if Richard ever does start murdering, no woman is safe. And Hen thinks she knows things that could help solve some murders or stop murders from ever happening but she is not considered reliable enough to have an opinion of such things.

Thank you to William Morrow and Edelweiss for this ARC.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before She Knew Him.

January 27, 2019 – Shelved
January 27, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 12, 2019 – Started Reading
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: edelweiss
February 15, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Milena Great review, Marilyn! I have this on on my TBR!

marilyn Milena wrote: "Great review, Marilyn! I have this on on my TBR!"

Thank you Milena! 😊

Paulette Sounds interesting, thorough review 😁

marilyn Paulette wrote: "Sounds interesting, thorough review 😁"

Thanks Paulette...no one will ever write a book about me...I just do boring things. 🤣

Holly  B Wonderful review marilyn!

marilyn Holly wrote: "Wonderful review marilyn!"

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Fabulous review Marilyn!

Meredith Glad you enjoyed this too, Marilyn! Great review!

marilyn Meredith wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this too, Marilyn! Great review!"

marilyn Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fabulous review Marilyn!"

Thanks Lindsay 😎

DeAnn Great review Marilyn, glad you enjoyed this one.

marilyn DeAnn wrote: "Great review Marilyn, glad you enjoyed this one."

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Marilyn! So glad you enjoyed it. This one is coming up very soon for me. 💙

marilyn Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Terrific review, Marilyn! So glad you enjoyed it. This one is coming up very soon for me. 💙"

Thanks Mary Beth...look forward to your review 💜

Natasha Niezgoda Great review, Marilyn!!

marilyn Natasha wrote: "Great review, Marilyn!!"