Marsha Keeper Bookshelf's Reviews > Ruthless Misfit

Ruthless Misfit by Liza Street

Reviewed at Shifter Haven

"Ruthless Misfit" is the first story in Liza Street's new series, Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan... and it is such an emotional rollercoaster of a story.  I dare you to not feel something personal within this story.  We've all been lied to at some point in our lives... and most of us have said those lies at some point.  Come on, no one is perfect and those little white lies count, too.  Yet, because of his childhood, Matt has become so good at telling lies without giving off the scent that any shifter associates with a lie.  He's been chosen to return to Rock Creek Clan and do a bit of spying... he simply never, expected to find his mate here.  Or for her to have been so damaged by the lies of others, or have complete mistrust in her own decisions that finding a happy ending with his mate is completely up in the air.

I was not only easily drawn in to "Ruthless Misfit", but also into Matt's and Erena's emotional relationship as well.  I cared about these two and truly wanted them to find a way to work through, around or dive right into the troubles that surrounded them.  It doesn't take Matt long to start questioning why he's spying on this clan... or to want to turn back the clock and become a man that Erena could trust without question.  My heart broke for Erena, and watching her move forward from the quiet, withdrawn woman we first met was such an amazing journey.  Being lied to hurts.  And discovering that your lies have hurt someone you love hurts as well.

I enjoyed my time in this world once again.  Matt and Erena are characters that I will remember for quite a while, and perhaps that's the biggest compliment I can give to an author.  I would not hesitate to recommend "Ruthless Misfit" to any Paranormal Romance or Shifter Romance reader who enjoys a good story, relatable characters, a mystery to solve, bad guys to discover and watching to broken people be healed by their love for each other.  It doesn't get much better than that.

I own a Kindle edition of this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruthless Misfit.

Started Reading