Jessica Hansen's Reviews > Shift

Jan 28, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from February 17 to March 13, 2012

First Thought: EPIC!!

Holy Damn! Out of all the things that I thought would happen in book #2, THAT happened!

What's, "THAT", you ask.....like I'm gonna ruin it.

OK, deep breath.

This book blew my mind, so I'm going to try my damnedest not to ruin it for everyone else. Coming off the death of his mother, Chase is trying harder than ever to control these new elements fighting inside of him. So, to make matters worse, the Council now wants to know EVERYTHING about Chase, his friends, and why he is receiving all gifts from the Goddess. But with Chase being himself, he tells the Council where they can shove.
(Avoiding them is the best possible thing for him and his friends....right?)
Running, fighting, and being afraid are like the 3 rules in this book, I know you wouldn't associate Chase with fear, but sometimes when you have no where to hide, it can bring any emotion out in someone. But as you read on seeing Chase over coming all of these things is what really had my pulled in, because it seemed like whenever anyone was in a corner, there was always that moment that turned the tables and gave you hope!

From page 1 I was waiting for a blow up. A fight, a kiss, SOMETHING.....and when it came, damn. Was I ready for what happened? No. I am still on the fence about this moment. I think that it opened some wonderful side plots, but I just loved the way this character was....though they are pretty badass now ;)

One quirk that I LOVED in book 2 was all of Chase's "extras", he's like the feckin' Inspector Gadget of Elements! It just kept getting better!

Ok, I'm seriously getting to wrapped up in all the little details, let's talk about this as a whole. It was all the way around an action packed roller coaster, with a little romantic drizzle on top. Matt was nothing short of genius when his mind created the concept for Chase, Rayna and their world. I have always been one of his biggest fans, and will continue to be until he stops writing. If you haven't had the chance to picked up either Exiled, or Shift, you are truly missing out on something unique & original. Now....let's all patiently await the #3!

5/5

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

03/13/2012