Lori's Reviews > Xerox Over Manhattan

Xerox Over Manhattan by Shane Jesse Christmass

bookshelves: arc-reviewers-copy, a-big-steaming-heap-of-wtf-ery, fiction, queer-fic

I really have no idea what I just read. It's one of the more refreshingly experimental fiction titles I've read in a while. The narrator and the characters with which they engage all appear to switch genders throughout the text, and engage in a ridiculous amount of sex... rough, kinky, oh my god some of that must have hurt sex.

Though the story is linear - it appears to have a start and an end - there isn't actally much of a "story". Shane cleverly hynotizes his readers with an onslaught of short, incomplete sentences that hit you like repetitive bursts of color behind the eyelid, in rapid, manic succession. Honestly, the book is one giant paragraph of paranoia.

This is certainly not going to be for everyone. I bet it won't even be for you, my dear loyal readers. But holy hell it was a fun fucking ride for me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xerox Over Manhattan.

January 26, 2019 – Shelved
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: currently-listening-to
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-reviewers-copy
January 27, 2019 – Started Reading
January 28, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 1, 2019 – Shelved as: a-big-steaming-heap-of-wtf-ery
February 1, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
February 1, 2019 – Shelved as: queer-fic

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Rivera Believe me Lori I just laughed because sometimes you read and never understand why the author resource came:::::🙅😀 or repeat page after page to complete the book😄