Kat Snark's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

22207986

liked it
bookshelves: romance, college, na, contemporary

3.5 sweet stars!

This one was a very sweet college romance! I loved almost everything about it, although I'm not the OMG I LOVED IT AHHHHHHH kind of fan, but I couldn't not love Lucas, the love interest.

"What's wrong?" His hands gripped my elbows as I stared up at him. He was wearing drawstring pajama bottoms and a dark t-shirt, the sexy lines of his tattoos spilling from his sleeves to his wrists. He also wore thin, black-framed glasses that accentuated the blue in his eyes and his dark lashes.

Lucas is super hot, introspective, intelligent, artsy and kind; the entire package. He could kick ass, draw an incredible portrait of you (and in charcoal!), tutor you to an A in Economics, cook a wonderful dinner, and love you to pieces. Not to mention that he's a high-achieving Engineering major, barista, part-time maintenance man and self-defense class volunteer.

He was a wonderfully doting boyfriend, and had *everything* you could possibly want in a boyfriend. He had baggage, was willing to banter (hilariously, I might add!) and supported the main character through her troubles. But I couldn't help but feel that he was a little too two-dimensional. I'm not saying that he was a flat character, because he wasn't, but he just felt ... disengaged isn't the right word, but it's the only one that's coming to mind.

He was perfectly supportive and wonderful and was given depth... but it almost felt like he was holding back just the teeniest bit still at the end. This isn't a big thing that should keep anyone from reading the book, but it is something that registered while I was reading.

The friendships between the girls also seemed accurate! The "get yourself out there" and calling each other affectionately rude names had a nostalgic tinge that I really enjoyed. My only concern is, again, we never met any friends of Lucas's besides co-workers.

Another aspect I loved was the emphasis on reporting rape when it happens, so it doesn't impact others after, because it never happens just once. And the suggestion of therapy to thwart the efforts of long-term effects was done very well. The author handled this topic with care and, I thought, did it very well.

Overall, it was a sweet, but kind of intense, love story set in college that I quite enjoyed. While secrets were stretched a bit too far, the author handled sensitive topics very well and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

Check out more totally awesome bookish content at www.covertocoverlit.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

January 26, 2019 – Shelved
February 1, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 2, 2019 –
page 200
59.52% "Aiden is very *perfect*
He can cook you an amazing meal, draw a portrait (then draw it again in charcoal), sex you up fantastically, tutor you to an A+ in Economics, is a top-notch Engineer and can beat any attacker to a pulp. Is there anything he CAN'T do?"