Kristi's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

bookshelves: books-i-own, own-arc, signed-arcs, signed-books

I don’t even know where to start! I guess first off, I should say that I’ve been looking forward to reading this book since I first heard about it, I’m a huge fan of Greek Mythology. So, to say that I was expecting a lot going into it, doesn’t quite cover it. I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I always look at the thickness I have left of a book to read once I start a good reading spell, and I either think two things; 1.) okay I only have this much more to go. Or 2.) oh no! This is all that’s left! This book definitely falls under the later. I loved Childs writing style, and her interruption of the Greek gods. What is so good about this book is the reality mixed with the myth. I mean, we have a honest portrayal of a girl struggling to make sense of the world, and it works even a mythical one. The characters are distinctive, and each portrayal of their god or goddess remains in tact within the distinctiveness. What else can I say, I absolutely loved it. I loved the story, Phoebe, her struggles and triumphs, and of course the catalyst to any good romance, the boys. What else could you want?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

Started Reading
April 1, 2008 – Finished Reading
July 10, 2008 – Shelved
December 27, 2008 – Shelved as: books-i-own
January 23, 2009 – Shelved as: own-arc
June 12, 2009 – Shelved as: signed-arcs
July 16, 2018 – Shelved as: signed-books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana I check. How much I have left to read always.becuz I dunt want the book to end lol

message 2: by Mariela (new)

Mariela I agree with the thickness test. :) If I don't like it I do check and say, well only 30 more pages to go! Now 20! I can do this! lol! But if I do like it, I do go Oh no!! I'm almost finished!! Why can't there be more?! lol! I'm so glad someone understands me when it comes to books. :)

message 3: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally I don't know if you've ever heard of those series, but The Goddess Test, by Aimée Carter is really good :) it's a trilogy, and though I haven't read this book (I would like to, though) from the summary it sounds a lot like this book. :)

Kaylee Kling this is a good book I like it a lot

Kaylee Kling Have you ever had to move like phoe

message 6: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy As Ally said, the Goddess Test is a beautiful amazing read.

message 7: by Anupreet (new)

Anupreet I agree with the thickness test, totally relatable to myself. I haven't read the Oh my Gods series or the Goddess Test series but I would love to by the looks of these reviews.