Dawn Herring's Reviews > Armed 'N' Ready

Armed 'N' Ready by Tee O'Fallon

This is the second book in this series, although I think it can definitely be read as a standalone. I've read both books and enjoyed them, and although the characters from the first one pop up here, their story isn't interwoven into this one. I love the K-9 related plot and LOVED Saxon and Stray. I really liked Nick and Andi also, but the dogs definitely stole the show for me. ;-) This is a riveting romantic suspense that is pretty well paced. My only complaint about the pacing is that I thought it got a little bogged down in both characters' repeated self-reflection about why they couldn't/wouldn't love again. I didn't think it was necessary to repeat those thoughts so much, and I found myself skimming those sections each time they'd pop up (and it's several) to get back to the action. But I have a head cold, so maybe I'm just grumpy right now. The height of the conflict is intense! The realistic portrayal of what happens at the hand of the "bad guy" was disturbing, yet appreciated; this is romantic suspense--no need to sugarcoat the outcome (as long as we get our HEA). :-) I look forward to reading the next book in the series. The author has a great thing going.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed 'N' Ready.

Started Reading