R.K. Gold's Reviews > The Final Empire

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

I want to say 4.51 cause it's closer to 5 than 4. Honestly my only knock on this book were the info dumps used to give people backstories. It was the only time the movie in my head stopped playing and I suddenly became aware of just how long it takes to read a book.

Other than that though this was just a phenomenal story bolstered by a unique magic system. The attention and details placed on everything it takes to build a world--the economy, the religion, the cultures--it was a world I didn't want to leave. I'm excited to finish this trilogy ASAP!

A quick note I absolutely loved the mentor triangle (instead of a love triangle). How Vin had two solid role models responsible for her growth in Sazed and Kelsier. They all put each other in place and made Vin's growth throughout the tale that much more rewarding.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Empire.

January 26, 2019 – Started Reading
January 26, 2019 – Shelved
January 26, 2019 –
February 1, 2019 –
60.0% "I don’t think this will be a 5 star review. It does a lot right and it’s an entertaining read with a cool premise but there are so many info dumps"
February 2, 2019 –
February 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

R.K. Gold I just bought book 2 I'm so excited to finish this trilogy

Jackie ϟ Bookseller The info dumps were also my only big complaint about this series, so I pretty much just started skipping them and and have enjoyed the series even more since (:

R.K. Gold I’m glad I’m not alone! 😂 it really is a cool series