Dee Montoya's Reviews > The Bride Test

The Bride Test by Helen Hoang

bookshelves: arc, beautiful-cover, favorite-author, book-husband, epic, favorites, kick-ass-awesome-heroine, laugh-out-loud, most-favorite-book-ever-ever-ever, my-favorite-book-ever, my-fictional-boyfriends, netgalley, best-of-2019
Read 2 times. Last read January 30, 2019 to February 3, 2019.

FIVE STARS*****

Bright, beautiful and very endearing. The Bride Test is a book you really are not going to want to miss.

Khai is a successful accountant. He likes his house, his job and his routine. Lately his meddling mother is obsessed with him getting married, and is always setting him up on blind dates that he doesn't even acknowledge. He sees no point in dating, because he is convinced that he is incapable of having feelings towards another person, so why bother. He is perfectly content with his single life.

He does have a hard time saying no to his mother; so when she explains that she has traveled all the way to Vietnam to find him a new bride, his first instinct is to run away. But somehow she has convinced him to let this strange woman live in house, and be engage to her for the length of the summer. He has to attend the several family weddings happening during the season with her, and they also have to do couples things together. The deal is, if at the end of summer it don't work out between them, he doesn't have to get married, and his mom will finally stop trying to fix him up with anyone ever again. Khai knows he's never getting married so he takes the deal. The funny thing is from the moment Esme steps out from the airport Khai's perfectly planned, and solid world starts to unravel, and there is nothing he can do to stop it, worse, he doesn't think he wants to.

Esme who once was the bathroom attendant of a hotel, and lived in a one bedroom house with her family can't hardly believe her new luck. She is in California, living with a gorgeous man who is a bit strange, but makes her heart beat so fast, and every time he looks at her, she can hardly think straight.

The beauty of this love story to me, is how both Esme and Khai were inspired by each other every day to become better individuals. Once they met, suddenly they both wanted more out of life and they found the inspiration to achieve what they never even thought possible by simply being together. Both of this characters were strong, smart but also sweet and naive. And I found it very endearing, and their story full of hope.

I have become addicted to Helen Hoang's books. Also, every time I read one, I find a little piece of myself in her stories. Her writing is so easy to loose yourself into, they are always such a treat. Don't miss your chance and read this book, it truly is special.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Test.

Finished Reading