Tara Brown's Reviews > CeCe & Roxy: How We Came To Be

CeCe & Roxy by Pascha Adamo

The children's board book, CeCe & Roxy: How We Came To Be by Pascha Adamo, illustrated by Caroline Merino and Brittany Wilde, is a touching story about friendship, family, love, loyalty, and sticking together...no matter what! The cover of the book immediately drew me in, as I'm sure it will do for most anyone who sees it. Not only is CeCe absolutely adorable, but Roxy looks like someone I want to be best friends with, too! The illustrations throughout are not only appealing to the eye, but they also complement the text and help advance the storyline.

From page one, readers will feel like they are part of CeCe's world. The conversational tone of the text is inviting and friendly, making kids feel they, too, are friends with the characters. As the title indicates, this is a book about how CeCe and Roxy became best friends. To get here, we must start at the beginning. In doing so, readers are given the opportunity to explore a variety of themes, in addition to friendship, which include love, loyalty, family, and being there for those who need us. From my own experience, board books seem to focus on gathering information, learning something new, or practicing a skill, such as the alphabet, numbers, or colors, more so than telling a story. I was thoroughly impressed by the author's ability to write a complete story with lovable characters in less than 15 pages. Not only is the storyline engaging and relevant, but it also teaches readers vocabulary, while touching on the important and difficult topic of war.

I would love to see CeCe & Roxy develop into a series! After finishing the book, I wanted to read more! It would be awesome to read about the fun adventures the two of them go on together, lessons they learn, and things they discover. I know others will feel the same! I give CeCe & Roxy: How We Came To Be by Pasha Adamo, illustrated by Caroline Merino and Brittany Wilde 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to children, parents, and teachers who are looking to build their home and classroom libraries, as well as to those who treat their pets as members of the family. It would also be a great book to read when explaining what happens when loved ones are deployed. I can't wait to see what the future holds - hopefully, we will get the chance to join CeCe and Roxy again soon!

Thank you for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. :-) #ReadYourWorld
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read CeCe & Roxy.

January 20, 2019 – Started Reading