TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > Friendship Bread

Jan 28, 2012

Read in February, 2011

Received from Library Thing Early Reviewers Program
Book Releases: 4/19/11

What I Loved: This was a story about the healing power of new friendships. Everyone in this book had something they needed to work through and the friendships they formed helped each one start living a more authentic life for them. The story was not overly sappy but instead it was more like a nice even flow of storytelling and drama. If you have ever seen the movie Valentine's Day, this book is broken down a lot like that. Each chapter introduces you to or follows up on a story of a character. You learn more about all of the characters through their interactions probably more so when they are not the focus. Overall, this book just held a powerful message: Everyone needs people that they are not afraid to be themselves around---good, bad, or indifferent. The second powerful message is that a strong community can do wonderful things when they pull together. (Not a Spoiler) The last few chapters of the book were my favorite because of the community coming together.

What I Liked: The recipes in the back of the book. I thought this was a sweet touch and also a great way to make the book a little interactive for readers.

Complaints: None

Why I Gave it a 4: This is a book that pulls at the heartstrings and leaves you with hope.

Who would I recommend this too: General Fiction and Inspirational Readers. I need to explain this further: this is not my normal read but the premise really appealed to me. This is not Religious at all and has nothing to do with the Amish/Christian/or any other Religion. It is more inspirational and heart warming. It will probably not appeal to those looking for a romantic or action story. The pacing is slower than those stories are and the book is more about life than anything else. Even though it is not non-fiction, think more of a Eat, Pray, Love type of feel to the book.

Author Website: http://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friendship Bread.

02/14/2011 page 70
02/21/2011 page 100
25.0% "Different type of read for me but I am really enjoying it!"