Smart Women Read Romance's Reviews > Passion and Ink

Passion and Ink by Naima Simone

**4 stars**

Passion and Ink continues the Sweetest Taboo series with Jude, the brother of Knox (I love him so much <3) and fellow tattoo artist.

Jude is dealing with living under the shadow of his brother's reputation as an MMA fighter and tattoo artist. He wants to make a name for himself, but that's hard to do when you're carrying around as much baggage as poor Jude.

Needing to blow off some steam after a stressful week, Jude notices a gorgeous new waitress - Ro - at his regular hang out and the physical attraction is so tangible between them you can almost taste it!

One thing leads to another - holy hotness, grab a fan! - and they spend a hot night together. What they don't realize is that Ro is really Cypress, Jude's step-sister who he hasn't seen in more than a decade.

The chemistry is still magnetic and they have to fight their attraction or it will rip their family apart. I love this taboo series and the family dynamic! You get to see a little of Knox and Eden from Sin & Ink the first book in the Sweetest Taboo series.

Both characters have their fair share of baggage. It was just a lot going on. If the book was longer and some elements were able to be fleshed out more, I would have been all for it.

Another reason why I only gave this book 4 stars was I felt that Jude and Cypress could have used some more down time. I would have preferred to witness them getting to know each other rather than Jude spouting off all of the things he learned about Cypress over the course of a few weeks. I'm a sucker for the small moments and I think that this book could have used more of them to sell me more on their relationship beyond the physical.

Spoilers

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion and Ink.

January 25, 2019 – Started Reading