Eliza's Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: owned, romance, fiction, 4-stars, made-me-laugh, cute-and-or-easy-reads, reviewed

Funny. Heartwarming. Cute. Entertaining. Filled with family/friend drama and witty banter — what more does one want from a beach-y summer read? Not much, if you ask me. The Unhoneymooners hits the mark on everything I was looking for in terms of a fun summer read. Christina Lauren has done it again.

While Christina Lauren’s novels aren’t known to be thought-provoking or inherently original, as they all revolve around romance and drama, they’re always so entertaining! Not only that, but all of their characters feel unique from their other novels; there’s no recycling, if you know what I mean.

In terms of this novel, Olive was a wonderful main character. I was a little unnerving how similarly I process things mentally, as she does; perhaps I am a little wary of world and quick to be negative? That said, I don’t think her way of thinking is wrong, it’s just different. And while on the topic of Olive, I must mention Ethan, because it’s no secret that the novel revolves around their relationship — and let me tell you, it’s a great one. You can really feel the connection between the two. Ethan has to be my favorite male character Christina Lauren has written; he’s almost too perfect, which I guess he is, considering he isn’t real. Unfortunately. One can dream, though.

This isn't going to be a long review, because I feel as though much of the story can be spoiled if I start talking about instances that had me laughing or swooning, but I really think many of you will love this story. Especially if you're already a fan of Christina Lauren or contemporary romance, read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unhoneymooners.

January 24, 2019 – Shelved
January 24, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 1, 2019 – Shelved as: owned
June 8, 2019 – Started Reading
June 8, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 8, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
June 8, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "I love the bright and fun cover - so cute!"
June 8, 2019 –
page 39
9.75% "Hahaha, oh geez 😂"
June 9, 2019 –
page 100
June 9, 2019 –
page 153
38.25% "This book is the perfect summer read 🌺🌼 it's flippin' hilarious"
June 10, 2019 –
page 193
48.25% "Giirl, lying to your future boss ain't going to work 🙅‍♀️"
June 10, 2019 –
page 250
62.5% "This is SO GOOD"
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-stars
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: made-me-laugh
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: cute-and-or-easy-reads
June 10, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kristy Great review, Eryn! I felt the same! :)

Eliza Kristy wrote: "Great review, Eryn! I felt the same! :)"

Thanks, Kristy! :-)