Melanie Page's Reviews > Night of the Living Trekkies

Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson

1519649

I will recommend this book to everyone. It's hilarious, with great characters, and if you love Star Trek, then you're in for a treat. If you're just a plain horror-humor lover like me, you're still in for a treat.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of the Living Trekkies.

January 24, 2019 – Started Reading
January 24, 2019 – Shelved
February 12, 2019 –
page 48
18.97% "My husband and I could not stop laughing at this: "He'd only just met this guy, but he'd already disliked him for years.'"
February 16, 2019 –
page 57
22.53% "A great quote from tonight's reading:

"Gary emerged from the bathroom wearing a stupendously ill-fitting blue-and-black jumpsuit. . . .'First season Next Generation,' Gary said. 'My mom made it for me. What do you think?' . . . 'I'm probably the wrong person to ask,' [Jim] said. 'I feel like I outgrew Star Trek a few years ago.' Then he gestured at Gray's crotch. 'But your sack is, like, right there'"
February 16, 2019 –
page 64
25.3% "We have some good old-fashioned metafiction!

"'Screw you guys,' Matt said. 'I'm a central character. Nothing bad is going to happen to me."

'You're a what?' Jim asked.

'I'm the star of this show,' Matt explained. 'Flag personnel in the various Star Trek series never get killed.'""
February 24, 2019 –
page 168
66.4% "This book is f-ing hilarious:

"You'd be surprised," Raina said. "We study this stuff in my psychology classes. In cases of extreme agitation and psychosis, people can perform feats of strength not unlike what Matt accomplished...."

"...his hand kept shooting the gun after it was cut off," Jim said. "How do your psychology classes explain that?"

"Look, I'm only a junior," Rayna shrugged."
February 27, 2019 –
page 200
79.05% "Alright, we're finally learning where these zombies with a third eye are coming from. Thank you, mandatory scientist! This also means the scientist is likely to die because the zombie problem is solved, though... #HorrorTropes

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this book :)"
March 1, 2019 – Finished Reading