Ciara's Reviews > Love Story

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Jan 27, 2012

liked it

So I am a huge fan of Jennifer Echols so that may be why I am so biased about the latest book of hers. Love Story introduces you to Erin, an overimaginative newly poor, ex-mikkion dollar heiress to a horse farm empire that has been given to the boy known her whole life as her stable boy, Hunter. When her grandmother finds out that she is leaving her hometown to go to NYU and not major in business but in creative writing, her grandmother cuts her off and reassigns her estate to go to Hunter. Now a freshman in NYU, she writes a story for her class assignment about an affair a rich heiress has with her stable boy, loosely imitation all the fantasies she has about her real life stable boy, only to find that Hunter has now enrolled in NYU as well only to hear the story and realize it is about him.
They go back and forth every week describing their emotions towards each other through their fictional essays they write for everyone to read publically every week in their class. I really like how that opens up a self liberating experience for Erin as she starts to show the real her in each piece of literary work she does, I also like how Hunter is always the perfect gentlemen and knows exactly how to get to her. I must say that just when I thought the book was starting to get some chemistry between the two, it just stopped!! Ended, finito, done!! Very disappointing!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Story.