Tiffany's Reviews > Cracking the Da Vinci Code

Jul 03, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: booksaboutbooks, for_grabs_on_bookmooch
Read from August 11 to 14, 2012

Hmmm.... not my favorite of the tDVC-related books I've read. It's basically an encyclopedia for some of the people, characters, ideas, and places that are referred to in The Da Vinci Code.

But it feels.... not real. Maybe it's because the author of this book seems to take a completely different tone about Pierre Plantard and the Priory of Sion than the authors of the other tDVC books take. The rest say Plantard is/was a fake; Cox seems to either sound like it's 100% true, or is slightly, very slightly, hesitant/wishy-washy about it. It just seemed odd to me that all of the other books that mention PP are very "NO! NO! HOAX! HOAX! LIES!" and Cox makes the PP/PoS story sound more true. So that kind of raised some red flags for me, and I wasn't sure how much of the rest of this book to believe.

But it's also just a reference-type book, so it didn't really add anything that I either 1) didn't already know; 2) didn't get from the other tDVC books I've been reading; 3) couldn't get from the context of tDVC; 4) couldn't find on Wikipedia. It was fine to skim, but I don't think I'll keep it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cracking the Da Vinci Code.