Margaret's Reviews > The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters

The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson

Jan 27, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked the letter format but I sometimes found it tiresome that the letters were always going in one direction - from Olivia to someone and we never got to read anything going to Olivia. Everything was purely from her point of view which occasionally seemed a little unbalanced. Since it was the story of the Hunt sisters, I would have liked to hear Maddie's point of view from Maddie herself instead of through Olivia. On the other hand, I grew to understand Olivia and her feelings and we saw her evolve some in her relationships with her ex-boyfriend and her family. She made some difficult choices and trying to be produce a movie while dealing with her sister's terminal illness and her feelings for Michael wasn't easy. Very readable although somewhat predictable. Parts of it were more thought-provoking versus entertaining (which isn't good or bad, just an illustration of this sort of 50/50 effect the book had on me).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters.

January 27, 2012 – Started Reading