Julie Decker's Reviews > Steven Universe (2017-) #24

Steven Universe (2017-) #24 by Grace Kraft

Steven wants to take Connie to a cool new Gem place as a surprise reward for doing well on a test, and Pearl is all too happy to offer her own happy place that she used to take Rose Quartz (his mother), but when they go to check out the lunar blossom grove, it's overgrown with weird vines and no longer the romantic place it was. Now Pearl is bummed and Steven still has no place to take Connie! Well, maybe Amethyst and Garnet can help Steven restore the grove and bring back this beautiful place for everyone!

It's a short-but-sweet story that feels really tonally appropriate for these characters--I love that Pearl and Garnet both have a sentimental connection to the grove and they're eager for Steven to make memories there with Connie, and I also really love the way the characters tune into each other's feelings just like in the show. There are also some really cute flashbacks with Pearl and Rose and some nice Gem bonding. I recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steven Universe (2017-) #24.

January 23, 2019 – Started Reading