Lost in a Book's Reviews > Cash

Cash by Garrett Leigh

liked it
bookshelves: arc-or-review-copy, 2019-books, angst-fest, automatic-author, crime

3.25 Stars

Welp, this starts out with a bang...literally. Cash and Rae meet in a pub, have a night full hot sex, and move on the next morning as if the hook-up(s) never happened. This works until Rae ends up back on Cash’s door step looking for someone that came from the life Rae leads.

Cash is a mechanic, living a simple life, and trying desperately to remain unattached to the sab life that Rae lives and breathes. Rae is obsessed with the fox hunting cause and his days are marked by hunts, sabotage, and roughing it on a patch of land with his group of like-minded friends.

Being thrust back into each others lives has brought Rae and Cash closer together. They have a tentative friendship and smokin’ hot chemistry. I really enjoyed their personalities and the way they are together. Unfortunately, we don’t get much time with them in a relationship due to other circumstances. The characters are fleshed out but their relationship isn’t. The romance is very minimal and stays in the shadows with the fox hunting/sabbing being front and center. I love animals and want them safe but the topic overshadowing the relationship threw off my reading enjoyment/RL escape. It’s a creative story with a platform that shines a spotlight on an issue I lacked prior knowledge of. I really liked Rae and Cash but I found that I could put the story down and go about my day without the burning desire to pick it up.

This is Garret Leigh so there's depth with an interesting twist along the way. The rating is strictly for my enjoyment of this story and not the quality of the writing. There are triggers for depression and off page mentions of animal cruelty. I will absolutely continue on with the series. If you’re a fan of GL and/or animal activism, I’d recommend.

P.S. Googling fox hunt saboteurs is an interesting experience.

hunt.jpeg

Copy provided for honest review.

graphics3.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cash.

January 23, 2019 – Started Reading
January 23, 2019 – Shelved
January 23, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-or-review-copy
January 26, 2019 –
65.0% "Hrmmm... I find this is very putdownable (new word) for me and at the same time I like the MCs.
😏🙃🤔"
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-books
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: angst-fest
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: automatic-author
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: crime
January 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Great review sweetie :)

Lost in a Book Caroline wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Ariana Excellent review! And yes, I atotally agree!

Lost in a Book Ariana wrote: "Excellent review! And yes, I atotally agree!"

Thanks Ariana. :)