Sally's Reviews > The Night is for Hunting

The Night is for Hunting by John Marsden

Jan 27, 2012

bookshelves: tomorrow-series, john-marsden, ya, war-other, australian, adventure, deadly-peril, bush

Aww man, only one more book to go now! I'm so glad I finally got my act together and started reading this series. Just loving it - although I admit that I thought this one started off a LOT slower than any of the others, and I was originally thinking that it was going to be the first three-star book of the series o.O but then of course it picked up and I got way more into it. I think it was just all the fuss over the kids at the start which just wasn't as thrilling as all the other stuff, and I couldn't help but wonder a few times why they bothered... I guess war wouldn't make me a nicer person ;) Also, tracking the kids for days into the bush when they stupidly ran off... again, that used up a lot of their manpower to go and find them again.

The second half of the book was a lot more fast paced than the start, which was great. Ellie's motorcycle ride through the house after being locked in the car boot was kind of epic, and then her and Homer's shoot-out at the end... whoa. I was sure he was going to be a goner. Actually, I was certain he wouldn't make it out of the car boot fiasco alive!

Christmas was really sweet too, I loved that part :) Made me wonder what the date actually was, I kept imagining someone from NZ on the radio saying it was April or something XD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night is for Hunting.

January 27, 2012 – Shelved
August 29, 2012 – Started Reading
August 29, 2012 –
page 70
August 31, 2012 –
page 131
September 2, 2012 – Finished Reading

Lisa One more book and then the three books of The Ellie Chronicles . :P

I was never very fussed on the kids angle, though I did like Gavin a fair bit by the end.

Sally I forgot about those for the moment! Okay, four more books to go :D