Tari's Reviews > The Body in the Wetlands

The Body in the Wetlands by Judi Lynn

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge, may-2019-ereader

Jazzi Zanders had hoped that finding a body in the attic of their last renovation house was the last time that would happen, but of course, no such luck. When an elderly neighbor of her sister's disappeared, his dog led Jazzi to a shallow grave of two other people, one of whom had been missing for a few weeks. It was only a guess as to what could have happened to the older man. Once again, Jazzi was called on by Det. Gaff to go with him and ask questions. He does seem like a detective who is easy to please, but he's no slacker on his job and shows up promptly when Jazzi needs to talk to him. It was cute how he and his wife came to Jazzi's pond to go swimming.

I hadn't really guessed completely who the killer was, but by the near-showdown, I knew although I still didn't know why. Thanks to a smart move by Jazzi, nothing happened. I kind of like when the arrest is made off-screen so to speak. It's a little different. Everything was neatly wrapped up and the good detective once again thanked Jazzi, Ansel and Jerod. It seems odd that Gaff doesn't have an actual police partner, but hey it's fiction and it's different and a little unique. These characters are becoming like old friends to return to. I especially like the Sunday meals that Jazzi and her family shares at her house. I'm looking forward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body in the Wetlands.

January 23, 2019 – Shelved