Terra's Reviews > Someone Else's Life

Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale

Jan 27, 2012

bookshelves: kindle, netgalley, ya, favorites, i-own-a-copy, highly-recommend, read-2012
Read from January 27 to February 02, 2012

I was approved for this book through Netgalley and Random House Children's Books.

What a beautifully written book. From the first paragraph of the story, Katie pulled me in.

This is a story about a terrible disease, Huntington's. I've never heard of the disease before reading this story. Along with that it's also about learning about life. Not letting the little things come in between family and friendship and to love and work through the big things.

Rosie's mum, Trudie was diagnosed with Huntington's disease, which is a hereditary disease. The last bit of her mum's life Rosie became her caregiver while watching her slowly slip away. After her mum's passing Rosie has the choice to get tested to see if she has inherited the disease or to live her life not knowing. With the 50 percent chance she could either live her life not knowing, to go on and life a full and happy life with out the stress and fright of going through what she watched her mum go through.

When Rosie finds out a life altering dilemma she decides that she has bigger problems, and more things that she needs to find out first.

Rosie heads out on a huge adventure into the States from England with her boyfriend, Andy. What happens will change her and another family's life forever.

I can't really get into detail without giving away a ton of spoilers. I will tell you that this book is a journey. A wonderful story that had me in tears, made me laugh and filled my heart. You become a part of Rosie's life and everyone else that shows up along the way. This is a story that is full of love and heartache and will be forever embedded in your heart. It really makes you think and have a different outlook on life and the people around you.

I loved this story and the writing. I will for sure be reading more of Katie's work!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone Else's Life.

01/30/2012 page 45
10.0% "wow.... just wow"
01/31/2012 page 53
11.0% "wow!!!!"
02/02/2012
100.0% "Review coming tomorrow!!!"
show 1 hidden update…