☕️Kimberly 's Reviews > Suspicious Minds

Suspicious Minds by Gwenda Bond

bookshelves: audio-2019, coyer-winter-2018, new-releases-2019

While fans of the series will appreciate getting the backstory to Eleven's mom, Terry Ives it isn't necessary to have watched the series to enjoy this. Bond offered an engaging tale set during the Vietnam War and the drafts. The story introduces to Bloomington college student Terry Ives, and her classmates Alice, Gloria and Ken. Each is a participant in Brenner's tests and those tests, and the lab lead to abilities, discovers and danger.

If you love Stranger Things, you'll slip right in to this storyline with its paranormal and urban fantasy vibe. The tests are trippy but a discovery of a young child with incredible abilities soon have Terry and her friends investigating what exactly is happening within the walls of the institute. Danger, men in suits and unthinkable twists and outcomes kept me listening into the wee hours. Everyone's gifts were unique but what happens to Terry will send chills down your spine.

Suspicious Minds was a fantastic prequel, but it also left the door open for another book or two before Stranger Things. I hope that more are in the works. I would also love to see this brought to Netflix. *fingers-crossed*

Kristen Sieh narrates, and it was my first experience with her. I thought she did a splendid job of delivering the tone and voices for the story and characters. I like when a character speaks and I immediately know by tone and mannerism who is speaking. Such was the case here. I would not hesitate to listen to Sieh again. I listened to the first chapter and normal speed, then bumped it up to 1.3X. This review was originally posted at Caffeinated Reviewer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suspicious Minds.

January 23, 2019 – Shelved