Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > Irresistible

Irresistible by Melanie Harlow

bookshelves: arc-books

I am hosting a PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY now up on my blog! Click here to enter! ;)

A sweet, single father romance who resists to admit that being with the one true love of his life will not be a regret for him, nor his family is what Melanie Harlow has created in this masterpiece of a novel...

There is love in the air y'all! The kind of love that makes you swoon, and you end up having butterflies in your stomach because of all the passion there is between two characters such as Mack and Frannie. Melanie Harlow has been an author that I took a break from reading for a while, but now that I am back to reading her books, that same taste from before that includes and oozes sweetness and sexiness all in one package is exactly what I have been missing. This story was yet again, another compelling romance that Melanie is bringing to her readers. The way everything was described just warmed my heart in the best of ways. And of course, anyone who knows me, knows that I can never back away from a single father romance. This beauty was no exception, especially when an emotionally broken single father and his three little girls are involved.

Mack and Frannie both work for the Cloverleigh Farms, which is a family owned type of hotel that oozes that sweet and relaxing ambience to it. It is owned by Frannie's parents, and is ruined by her family. Coming from the youngest of four, Frannie understands what it's like to be part of a big family. She has struggled at a young age from heart problems, so her parents have always been over-protective of her. When her passion of cooking arises, she knows that having an independence of her is a struggle because of her parents. Mack is added to the equation because he works for the family business as the CFO of the company. After the mother of his three little princesses left him to take all the responsibility of them, he has found in a place where is asks for help basically anywhere. Frannie is always happy to help him out, because the crush he has for him is one that has been there from the moment she first met him. From Mack's point of view, Frannie is way too young for him to indulge anything with her. Having that ten year difference is something that I find rather forbiddingly good and satisfying to always read.

The relationship his three little kids have with Frannie is one that is utterly adorable! You know how when you come across those cute kids in romance novels and you question "why can't all kids be this way?" Yeah well, that was me reading this novel every time Mack's little girls where mentioned. Everything about them was just beyond charming and so sweet to read. Especially because Frannie has such an understand relationship with them, and with Mack as well. After one stormy and snow night in, Frannie has unintentionally brought herself to stay over at Mack's house after one babysitting night. The temptation is there for Mack. The attraction he has towards this petite, yet curvy young woman is what brings him to his knees to want her more and more. One he has a taste of her however, there is no back away. Though in his mind, he does not seem like the appropriate man to be hers for the rest of her life. He already has three little girls and a full time job that takes so much time of his daily activity, but with Frannie, he learns that having her help makes all the stress come to a free zone. The idea of her leaving is something that never sits well with him;
"I watched her leave, feeling that ache in my chest again, and I wished there was a way I could've asked her to stay. I was tired of being careful, tired of missing her at night, tired of feeling bad for wanting her, tired of feeling like I was one person with her, and a different person with the kids. Neither version of me was complete.
I wanted to be both at once. Wast it possible?"

Overall this was truly a romance novel that shows so many affections towards each individual characters. Not just the important protagonists, but also the characters that are related to them. The love that oozes from this novel from all the families what something sweet and caring to read. Melanie has brought yet again, another that conquers the power of protection, love, and care for one another. Obviously this is the first novel in a series she is planning on releasing so you already know that my anticipation for the next novel is already up there. Thank you to SBPR and Melanie for providing a copy of this beauty, that I know all of you will truly enjoy and not regret reading.

ARC kindly provided by the publicist, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Irresistible.

January 23, 2019 – Shelved
January 23, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 15, 2019 – Started Reading
February 15, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-books
February 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)

message 1: by book bruin (new) - added it

book bruin Excited for this one!! Great review!

message 2: by Preeti ♥︎ (new)

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads) Glad you enjoyed it!
Lovely review! :))

message 3: by Kindling (new) - added it

Kindling Micky Sounds good, I'm a sucker for single dad tropes. Great review.

Cristina | CristiinaReads book bruin wrote: "Excited for this one!! Great review!"

Thank you so much sweetie! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Preeti ♥︎ wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it!
Lovely review! :))"

Thank you so much Preeti! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kindling wrote: "Sounds good, I'm a sucker for single dad tropes. Great review."

Thank you so much sweetie, yessss! Single father romances are my weakness! xoxo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Fabulous review Cristina! :))xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads MELISSA *Mel Reader* wrote: "Fabulous review Cristina! :))xoxo"

Thank you so much Melissa! xoxo

Lizzy (Bent Bookworm) Ok, sold. Not the kind of thing usually on my radar buuuuut it sounds so sweet!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Lizzy (Bent Bookworm) wrote: "Ok, sold. Not the kind of thing usually on my radar buuuuut it sounds so sweet!"

This makes me sooooo happy! I am so glad I was able to convince you! Keeping my fingers crossed that you end up enjoying it as well ;) xoxo

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The Biblioholic There's just something about single dads that I can't resist. Fab review, hon! ❤

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ lovely review as always, Cristina <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Natalie wrote: "There's just something about single dads that I can't resist. Fab review, hon! ❤"

Thank you so much Natalie, all those single father romances are just my weakness in every single way xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ wrote: "lovely review as always, Cristina <3"

You are always the sweetest, thank you hon! xoxo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Awesome review, I can not wait to get to this one ♥️

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle Terrific review, love! :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Awesome review, I can not wait to get to this one ♥️"

Thank you so much Jenny, keeping my fingers crossed you end up enjoying it! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Elle wrote: "Terrific review, love! :)"

Thank you so much Elle! So sweet! xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, boo! I love single dad romances but for some reason never read enough of them. Happy you loved this one! :) xoxoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, boo! I love single dad romances but for some reason never read enough of them. Happy you loved this one! :) xoxoxo"

message 21: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Brunson I haven't read Melanie Harlow before but I've been hearing so many good things about that I just have to read it!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kayla wrote: "I haven't read Melanie Harlow before but I've been hearing so many good things about that I just have to read it!"

OOOOO! I highly recommend reading at least one book by her so you can see if you like her writing style. I stopped reading her novels for a short while, but I am recently rekindling with work again and I am in love xoxo

message 23: by Eyvette (new) - added it

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Sweet Girl :)
Definitely adding to my unread super long TBR lol

Cristina | CristiinaReads Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Sweet Girl :)
Definitely adding to my unread super long TBR lol"

Thank you so much sweetie, I am keeping all my fingers crossed that you end up enjoying it as much as I did! xoxo

message 25: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Brunson Cristina | CristiinaReads wrote: OOOOO! I highly recommend reading at least one book by her so you c..."

Do you have one that you recommend starting with?

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kayla wrote: "Cristina | CristiinaReads wrote: OOOOO! I highly recommend reading at least one book by her so you c..."

Do you have one that you recommend starting with?"

Hmmmm... I guess I would say After We Fall, I read it a while back and I liked it. If the synopsis does not interest you, then I would start this one for sure ;)

Jennifer This book makes my heart smile, it was so cute! Great review Cristina!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jennifer wrote: "This book makes my heart smile, it was so cute! Great review Cristina!"

Thank you so much Jennifer, it was indeed just beyond ADORABLE! I cannot wait to read the next novel in the series ;) xoxo

Shelly (vixenreads) Love the review! This sounds so good...added to my TBR <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Shelly (vixenreads) wrote: "Love the review! This sounds so good...added to my TBR <3"

Just saw that! Thank you so much for your kind words, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you end up enjoying it as much as I did! xoxo

message 31: by Ari (new)

Ari Fantastic review babe!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Ari wrote: "Fantastic review babe!"

Awww thank you so much Ari! xoxo

Little Steamy Reads I love this review, babe! <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Little wrote: "I love this review, babe! <3"

Thank you so much sweetie! Loved everything about this novel! xoxo

message 35: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie Love your review, guuurl. I'm going to check this book out and might put this on my want-to-read list. (:

Cristina | CristiinaReads Ronnie wrote: "Love your review, guuurl. I'm going to check this book out and might put this on my want-to-read list. (:"

Thank you so much Ronnie, this is such a cute and adorable romance! xoxo

message 37: by Kay's (new)

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews Great Review, added to my TBR List youv'e sold me.

Cristina | CristiinaReads Kay's wrote: "Great Review, added to my TBR List youv'e sold me."

**SQUEALS** That makes me sooooo excited! Thank you so much for telling me that, it has made my day! Keeping my fingers crossed you end up enjoying it as well ;) xoxo

message 39: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I love this sounds of this one! Lovely review my friend! 💜

Cristina | CristiinaReads Melissa wrote: "I love this sounds of this one! Lovely review my friend! 💜"

Thank you so much Melissa, love you tons my queen! This one is just amazing, you MUST read it as well ;) xoxo

message 41: by Pick a Book (new) - added it

Pick a Book Great!! This is in my TBR for sure

Cristina | CristiinaReads Pick a Book wrote: "Great!! This is in my TBR for sure"

Hope you enjoy it! xoxo

message 43: by Elle (new)

Elle Lovely review, babe! :D

Cristina | CristiinaReads Elle wrote: "Lovely review, babe! :D"

Thank you so much Elle! Loved everything about this beauty ;) xoxo