Lucy's Reviews > Changeling

Changeling by Matt Wesolowski

bookshelves: crime-mystery-thriller, favourite-series, thriller, favourites-2019

I have loved every instalment in the 'Six Stories' and this one was no exception. In Changeling, Scott King is once again investigating through his true crime podcast 'Six Stories'. This time he's looking into the disappearance of seven year old Alfie Marsden who went missing from his father's car in the Wentshire Forest Pass back in 1988. There has been no signs of Alfie since his disappearance so seven years later he was declared officially dead.

People all have their own theories about what exactly happened to Alfie on that winters night. Wentshire Forest is a place that's been the focus of folklore and ghost stories of locals for generations. The most common legend is that there's a witch who lives in the forest luring in young children. Scott is an open-minded man who takes into account all of these theories that people have, so he speaks to a range of different people on the podcast including those sharing their strange experiences within the forest.

Changeling is definitely the creepiest book in this series, it managed to get under my skin in a way that the others didn't. There is a real sense of horror in this one; some obvious and some hidden. I don't want to say too much about this, but it honestly was just absolutely fantastic. This is one of my favourite ever series and this book was the perfect addition, I hope there'll be more to come in 'Six Stories' but if not then this would be the perfect ending to the trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling.

January 23, 2019 – Started Reading