Jessica's Reviews > The Alchemy of Forever

The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams

Jan 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: pulse-it

You can't just end it like that! Ahhh!
This review can also be found on PulseIt and on my blog.

Review:

a.) Characters: 3/5 score. Sera is a moper. In the beginning you learn of her plot to kill herself because she is sick of this continued existence. While trying to save Kailey, she makes the switch and introduced Morgan family and all of Kailey’s friends at school. Plus all the other Incarnates. So the only characters you know a good bit about are Sera, as she is the main character, and Kailey, as Sera took her place. In my opinion, everyone else falls short. Not quite cardboard, but not really memorable.

b.) Plot: 3/5 score. I don’t know how i feel about the plot. Sera just kept trying to leave Cyrus. It gets interesting toward the end, and then Williams drops a bomb on you that could or could not be true. If it was a stand-only book, the rating would be lower, but as there are more books, I am hopeful that this leads to something more or better.

c.) Writing style: 3/5 score. Sera did feel old, but ignorant at times(which is explain in the story as Cyrus sheltering her). Yet Sera knew how to use Myspace, Facebook, an IPhone, and on that IPhone, Word’s With Friends. Also, I hate when authors use specifics like all that listed above. Because on a couple of months, Words With Friends will be forgotten. Maybe I am nit-picking over that, but it’s something that always gets under my skin. Other than that, nothing blew me away about her writing.

Rating: 9/15 total

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alchemy of Forever.

January 27, 2012 – Shelved
February 2, 2012 – Started Reading
February 2, 2012 –
page 1
0.39% "Reading this off pulseit."
February 3, 2012 –