Ayekah's Reviews > The Last

The Last by Tawna Fenske

I devoured this amazing story. Captivated and totally enthralled I did not put this book down. Tawna's writing is flawless and the story she spilled out onto the pages was from the beyond. Holy nuts it's that good.
The story is about Sarah and Ian who have been friends forever and in college made one of those drunk deals that if neither were married at 30 they'd marry each other. Right. Sarah never saw herself unmarried with her 30th approaching but she's got a job she loves, she's independent and tired of bad dates. Ian's successful and a sworn bachelor, no emotions and on total lockdown. When he comes to see Sarah around her birthday she's a little surprised and even more surprised that Ian has come to collect on their bet. He's got his own reasons and offers Sarah a deal. Ian needs an arm charm. He's trying to land a contract with a company that has a strong base in the stability of their workers. Ian sees marriage as the final nudge that will get him this job he really wants. Sarah is put off at first, after being handed a file folder of papers from Ian... she waffles. And wow does she waffle.
Ian isn't pushy or obnoxious and he's honest. There's something to be said for that. They know each other well and their own issues. Through some of the finest writing I've seen a a long time, the story unfolds with emotion, ups and downs, a twist or two and plenty of steam to generate a small city.
I am leaving this hang here. This book is an absolute must read and I can't babble enough about how much I loved it. I didn't want it to end. I just didn't.
Thank you Tawna! Freaking amazing!

arc from NetGalley and Entangled for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last.

January 9, 2019 – Started Reading