Brenda's Reviews > Under the Midnight Sky

Under the Midnight Sky by Anna Romer

Continually haunted by her own experiences as a twelve-year-old, Abby Bardot kept people at arm’s length. Now a newspaper reporter, Abby wanted to write an article about the murders of young girls that had occurred in the woods surrounding the small town she lived in. She felt families, especially young girls, needed to be aware of the dangers. When she found a young girl, injured and seemingly unconscious up at one of the lookouts, the surging memories hit immediately. But when she directed the ambulance back to the spot, the young girl was gone…

In her quest to interview reclusive writer, Tom Gabriel, Abby arrived at his home in the woods one day, sure he wouldn’t turn her away. The beautiful old home of Ravensong which Tom had recently purchased, captivated Abby. But over days, and during the process of the interview, a tiny hidden room was discovered, high up in the attic. Tom and Abby’s shock at what they found had them digging deeply into the past. Was it connected to the latest young girl who’d gone missing? And would they be able to find her before it was too late?

Wow! Aussie author Anna Romer’s latest novel, Under the Midnight Sky, is an absolute screamer! The chilling twists, the secrets buried so deeply the years flew by without knowledge by police or anyone else. The innocent and the lost; the heartache; the fear and terror – all blended perfectly to form a novel which made my heart race. A perfect psychological thriller which I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend.

With thanks to Simon & Schuster AU for my uncorrected proof ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Midnight Sky.

January 22, 2019 – Shelved
March 25, 2019 – Started Reading
March 25, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
March 25, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological-thriller
March 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Wonderful review, Brenda! Can’t wait to read this one.

message 2: by Dem (new)

Dem Great review Brenda. Have to add this one.

Brenda Thanks Dem - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

Brenda Sharon wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda! Can’t wait to read this one."

Thanks Sharon, you'll love it!

Carolyn Terrific review Brenda! On my reading list for next month :)

Brenda Thanks Carolyn :) It was on mine for next month too - but I couldn't wait!!

message 7: by Karina (new) - added it

Karina Jubb Adding this to my TBR list. Great review I can’t wait to get my hands on this

Brenda Thanks Karina - it was an excellent read :)

Angela So looking forward to reading it. I love het books

Brenda It's a great read Angela! Happy reading :)

message 11: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Gerhardt Griffiths Fantastic review, Brenda! Love her books, can't wait to read this one.

Brenda Thanks Sue, I hope you enjoy as much as I did!