Valerie's Reviews > The Teenage Chronicles

Jan 27, 2012

Recommended to Valerie by: Book Tour
Recommended for: everyone
Read from January 25 to February 02, 2012

Why do the movies always portray mutants as having some kind of glorious plight? If a kid got bit by a radioactive spider he’d probably puke webs right before he died. Men that can walk through bullets and fly don’t dress in tights and pretend to be newspaper reporters. And there are no special flashlights to shine in the air to signal you when there’s trouble. You want to be a superhero and fight crime? Prospects are unlikely at best. Chances are you’d just get sued by the criminals you arrested and put in prison for delivering your own vigilante justice.
The truth of the matter is living as a mutant is risky business. Uncontrollable outbreaks, delusions of grandeur and don’t forget the horde of scientists eager to pick you apart to figure out what makes you tick. Did you really expect a special school to crop up just to take care of all the misfortunate adolescents? Or you could create your own little team by adding Fantastic, Super, or Glorious to the front of a number. No, you wouldn’t be so lucky. And neither was Anthony Dimair, as a matter of fact he was the exact opposite. Now he must survive long enough to find the meaning of his Uncle’s cryptic message while avoiding capture, fighting the elements, and trying to not end up as dinner.

My Review:
The first couple pages were hard to hold my attention but then the speed picked up to where my attention was caught. I though this book wasn't going to go anywhere since its only 186 pages but i was pleasantly surprised. This book has lots of action and suspense that keeps you reading and wanting more. The author does a great job in description of characters, scenery, buildings, ect. without it being two paragraphs or more. This book has great mature content that doesnt make the book childish. This book has a huge cliffhanger ending that makes you really want to keep reading! Cant wait for the next volume! I enjoyed reading this book and will be recommending it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Teenage Chronicles.

01/31/2012

Alicia Suggs Have you read the second book yet, what were your thoughts?

Valerie Alicia wrote: "Have you read the second book yet, what were your thoughts?"

I have not read the second book yet. However I am looking forward to be reading it real soon! So stay tuned for when I post my review on that one. Thanks for the comment!

Rashad Freeman If it's not too much trouble would you mind listing this review on Amazon?

Valerie Rashad wrote: "If it's not too much trouble would you mind listing this review on Amazon?"

I have it up on Amazon now!