Julie McComas's Reviews > Death in Trout Fork: Ryn Lowell Colorado Mysteries

Death in Trout Fork by D.M. O'Byrne

The first time I ever heard of D.M. O'Byrne was the day I received an email from Voracious Readers asking me if I'd like to read and review her latest book, Death in Trout Fork. I read the same blurb that you read above, and thought what the heck. I said yes, and hopefully I will be able to review the next one too.

First off, I just have to tell you that this is really a believable story. We have traveled to the same small mountain town in Colorado for almost 30 years, and all of those trips made this story relatable. (We did not travel to the town in this book.) I could see many of the people Creede taking in a young woman such as Ryn. I have seen people passing through help out a business while they are in town. It is all so real!

O'Byrne starts with some meat of the story right off, which makes it a complete page turner from the beginning. Before you know it you are finished reading, and ready for Ryn's next adventure.

The storyline flowed like the little river Ryn and Jack, the jogging cat, would frequent. The scenes were written in just enough detail that you could picture them all. Some of my favorites were Jack on the leash, Ryn's motorcycle adventures, and her working at the cafe.

Just when you think you have this one kind of figured out, it twists just a little.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death in Trout Fork.

January 22, 2019 – Shelved