Val's Reviews > Armed 'N' Ready

Armed 'N' Ready by Tee O'Fallon

Another new author. Another romance I enjoyed.

Armed N' Ready definitely falls in the romantic suspense category, a sub-genre I haven't read in a while so I it was thrilling to go back and see two main characters falling in love while also trying to catch the bad guys.

The romance between the hero and heroine (Nicholas and Andi) was slow-burn, and done right (like Tee O' Fallon did) is a delight to read. I enjoyed knowing both hero and heroine individually and together, and I especially loved the hero. From the outside, he seems all tough and badass and okay, he is; but he's also a sweetheart and a loving man who would do anything to protect the woman he loves. Oh, and did I also say how much he and the heroine love dogs? My kind of people!!!!

So why this wasn't a 5 star read?

The whole 'heroine listens a conversation involving her and hero and misinterprets it all' happened and I dislike that trope, especially when the hero tries over and over and over again to explain and she's like 'Nope, don't care. Don't want to listen.' It was frustrating. Furthermore, something HORRIBLE happens to the hero and ugh, it just made it even more heartbreaking.

I knew I was reading romantic suspense when I started this book and I know bad things can happen to the main characters but in Armed N' Ready it was just TOO sad because hero and heroine had already spent a bunch of time apart. I just wanted to curl up and cry when I saw how little of the book was left.

Luckily, there was an EPILOGUE so that definitely saved the story and left me feeling satisfied. It really seemed that hero and heroine got their HEA! So YAY! But I would've loved less tragedy towards the last chapters.

ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed 'N' Ready.

January 22, 2019 – Shelved