Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > A Killer's Alibi

A Killer's Alibi by William L. Myers Jr.

bookshelves: read-on-kindle
Recommended to Kimberly by: William L. Myers, Jr., Author
Recommended for: Legal Thriller Seekers

Ooh my, my, my what a tangled legal web Myers weaved! The readers got to enjoy two legal thrillers for the price of one. As usual, Mick McFarland is called upon by an unlikely wanna-be-client, Jimmy Nunzio, better known as Jimmy Nutso and with good reason. He’s a known mob killer high up the chain and he finds himself in such a pickle, it’s definitely not kosher. He seeks out Mick’s help, and in true McFarland style, he and his law firm agree to take the gangster on. Why it came as any surprise to most that Jimmy was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, although this jar turns out to be his daughter’s boyfriend, who happens to be the son of another Godfather—whereas the police find him with the smoking gun—the knife. By all accounts, it certainly looks as though the mobster stabbed this young man to death, but did he? Mick is trying desperately to defend Jimmy, but in his true fashion, he’s giving Mick a hard way to go.

Meanwhile, Mick’s wife, Piper, and another associate, Susan, have their hands full with an innocence project trying to free Darlene Dowd and they are met with their own set of challenges trying to prove she didn’t murder her father in cold blood. It appears as though the only witness that can clear Ms. Dowd is nowhere to be found and with good reason—she’s on the run! But why? As you continue to read these two legal stories, it will become very clear that there are some shady characters trying their best to throw Mick and his legal team off the beaten path.

If you’ve been following the series, you already know that Mick doesn’t give up so easily! This was a really good story. I have to say I was a bit thrown off in the very beginning because I was trying to figure out exactly what was going on, but as I continued to read, it became crystal clear there were two stories in one and what happens as you go is electrifying! What a dynamic story line and brilliantly written by one of my favorite legal authors! If you haven’t read yet, no worries because it comes out tomorrow. Enjoy everyone! This is another hit by Myers. Simply awesome!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Killer's Alibi.

January 22, 2019 – Shelved