Darcy's Reviews > Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Kiss Me, I'm Irish by Roxanne St. Claire

Jan 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, anthologies, e-book, romance, short-stories, net-galley-books

I loved the Irish theme with all of these romance stories. Like all collections some are stronger than others.

Roxanne St. Claire's was the weakest of the bunch for me and a big part of that was because of Deuce, I didn't like him, thought he was selfish, and was made at Kendra for her choice at the end. It seemed like all Deuce could think of was himself, when he was the big baseball player he couldn't give those at home a second thought, but when in disgrace he expected all of them to fall at his feet. I understand why Kendra kept her secret years ago, in her place I would have done the same. Even when he found out the secret all he could think of was himself, he didn't stop and consider just what Kendra went through. I felt like Kendra was a doormat to him. I wanted her to stand up and tell him off, but she couldn't seem to. I was happy to see this one end.

I really enjoyed Jill Shalvis's story. I liked how Nicole was clueless, how all she did was work and then tornado Ty came in and threw her off. From the start he made her act out of character, but when she called in sick, I new she was a goner, she should have as well. For once I liked seeing the couple fight their attraction, I think because they both knew they were doing it and you couldn't help but to laugh at them.

Maureen Child's story with the brothers had me laughing, for some reason the whole bet struck me funny. Right when you hear it you just know that those boys can't win against their priest brother. I loved Emma's reaction to Conner and his whole "You aren't a woman" speech. I would have been mad too. Her playing pool and playing cool to him had me giggling, even though I knew it would backfire on her just like Father Liam said it would. After he was in the dog house, I liked seeing the ways that Connor worked to get out of it. With a shaky start he finally realized what he needed to do and did it superbly.

Overall this was a fun read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, I'm Irish.

January 27, 2012 – Shelved