orangerful's Reviews > Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life

Come as You Are by Emily Nagoski

bookshelves: adult, audiobook, gender-studies, sexuality, science, relationships, nonfiction

The subtitle of this book is a little bit too "click bait" sounding - it is actually a great examination of the history of the science and culture surrounding women and their sexuality and then a discussion of how that effects how women think about sexuality and how that can harm or improve their sex lives.

Nagoski reads the audiobook and you can see why students would sign up for her courses or people would go to hear her lecture. She has a fun and relatable style of writing.

There were things I knew already, things that I understood in my mind but never had the words to articulate before, and things that I did not know in this book. A great book to listen to with your partner. It is very pro-women but not anti-men, it is all about building a stronger relationship and also about understanding that you are 100% normal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come as You Are.

January 15, 2019 – Started Reading