Book of Secrets's Reviews > No Escape Claws

No Escape Claws by Sofie Ryan

3.75 Stars → NO ESCAPE CLAWS is book six in the Second Chance Cat Mystery series (I've also read the first). Main character Sarah Grayson runs a lovely secondhand shop in North Harbor, Maine, along with a quirky group of her grandmother's friends (known as the Angels). I could spend hours in her store.

The Angels are part-time detectives as well, and with Sarah's help they solve local mysteries. Their latest case comes at the request of young Mallory Pearson, who wants them to prove her father is innocent of negligence in the death of her stepmother. Prison is a nightmare for him, but for some reason he doesn't want help getting out. The mystery surrounding the suspicious death was a puzzler, and Sarah & the gang were smart about their investigation. I enjoyed tagging along!

My one quibble with the book was the large number of characters. Too many to keep straight at times, which made reading frustrating. Not only were there many speaking characters, but there were lots of "off screen" folks they talked about. Maybe it's because I've missed many of the previous books?

Overall I enjoyed this cozy, and it made me want to catch up with the rest of the series!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪 | Instagram | Pinterest | ✿

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Escape Claws.

January 21, 2019 – Shelved