Terri's Reviews > The Last

The Last by Tawna Fenske

Read 2 times

Sarah Keating is celebrating her 30th birthday with her besties. She isn’t quite where she thought she would be at 30 as far as a relationship goes. She loves her career and she owns her own home and has great friends but she is lacking in the love department. She has tried but the right one just hasn’t magically appeared. Upon much girl talk, it comes out that her college bestie, Ian Nolan, shares a birthday close to hers and that they always send a text to wish the other a happy birthday. After her friends encourage her to send said message Sarah is surprised when Ian actually shows up at her front door. In college, they vowed if they were not married by 30 they would marry each other and well here was Ian still single like her and he actually proposed they get married. Totally a marriage of practicality, no love to get in the way of things. Can these two do that, get married and not have feelings for each other?

I love this series for many reasons. The characters are all lovable and the stories are well written and original. This is book 3 and the final in this series but it can be read as a standalone, however you may wish to read the first two because they are equally as good. This book shows us the hurt Ian feels from his past and how Sarah opens his eyes to a better future than he ever thought possible. It is funny and smoldering hot from the sparks these two have as well as sweet and loving. You get a sense where they are the description and attention to details take you there with these characters. I also loved that it crosses into another series, The Ponderosa Resort series and pulled a few of those characters into this one. I love when authors do that.

I received an advanced readers copy from Entangled Publishing via Net Galley to read and review and give my honest opinion. I loved this book and highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
Finished Reading
January 21, 2019 – Shelved
February 4, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)