Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > Ninth House

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

47207032

bookshelves: future-tbr
Recommended to Chelsea by: Flatiron Books

Do you ever just sit at home with approximately 9,999 books feeling like you have nothing to read because that ONE book you're dying to read doesn't come out until October 1st?

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth House.

January 21, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by bury_a_friend (new)

bury_a_friend #thestoryofmydamnlife

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna Only constantly.

message 3: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Every. Damn. Day.

message 4: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Humphrey Valerie wrote: "Every. Damn. Day."

Donna wrote: "Only constantly."

bury_a_friend wrote: "#thestoryofmydamnlife"

I mean, I know that it's still the beginning of 2019, but where is October friends? I should also note I haven't even started King of Scars yet...

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Derus So frequently that I request library books by the hundredweight. Then they sit unread until I can't renew them again. It's a sickness!

message 6: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Humphrey Richard wrote: "So frequently that I request library books by the hundredweight. Then they sit unread until I can't renew them again. It's a sickness!"

I, too, have this sickness. :) But I remind myself, at least with the library I'm not spending money?

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Derus Heh. That's my self-talk too. Several librarians have Frowned Mightily at me for using so much of the library's time and resources...I reminded the one who verbalized it that budgets live and die by usage stats and I'm a HUGE improver of those.

She shut up about it.

message 8: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Humphrey Richard wrote: "Heh. That's my self-talk too. Several librarians have Frowned Mightily at me for using so much of the library's time and resources...I reminded the one who verbalized it that budgets live and die b..."

message 9: by Richard (new)

Richard Derus Chelsea wrote: "I couldn’t agree more! My aunt is a librarian and she said she would much rather people check out hundreds of books they never get around to than never utilizing them. Sometimes it’s even about more than reading the book, IMO."

I'd love to have a few more circulation folks with her attitude. Please try to remember to let her know she has a fan in New York.

*smooch* Be well and training-accident-free today.

message 10: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Humphrey Richard wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "I couldn’t agree more! My aunt is a librarian and she said she would much rather people check out hundreds of books they never get around to than never utilizing them. Sometimes it’..."

🤣🤗 same to you!