Kei's Reviews > Nightchaser

Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet

bookshelves: favorites, 英語-english

Space pirates, romance, found families

I've been looking forward to his book a lot. I do love stories about outlaws in space, especially with a dose of quality romance, even if it was a bit too instantaneous for my personal preferences.
I wouldn't say this book is without issues - I feel like there could be a bit more of environment/world building; it felt like the book was too short and covered too little - like an introduction that opened a lot of questions and not much else; it asks you to swallow a lot of '...but what about this/but why?'; it leaves a lot of characters and interactions out for no reason; the oppressive tyrant image is a bit too tired. And so on.

Nevertheless, even though there's plenty of angst, it's exiting and well-written, and the characters all promise to be interesting. There are books, cats, and handsome rogues. What else needs to be said?

'Wanting more' is a good thing, but the fact that this was considered 'enough' for this book worries me a little. I hope we'll get more sustenance in the next one, even though it will have to wait for a year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightchaser.

January 20, 2019 – Started Reading