Michael Turashoff's Reviews > Unseen

Unseen by Karin Slaughter

3222017

This is Ms. Slaughter at her best! There are so many things coming at you all at once you don't know whether to hide your eyes (Can't do that you won't be able to read) or tear off all your clothes and run down the street screaming (I may do this anyway just for giggles). This novel is a great example of why Ms. Slaughter is our undisputed Queen of Mystery.

Will Trent is such an interesting and unusual hero that you can't not like him and root for him and in this book he comes through once again to save the day. As always our favorite underdog comes through and catches the bad guy but not without some hair raising moments.

The more I read Will Trent's escapades the more I' drawn to our favorite underdog king.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unseen.

January 20, 2019 – Started Reading
January 20, 2019 – Shelved
January 20, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 20, 2019 –
7.0% "Great beginning that I'm sure will only get better."
January 22, 2019 –
January 24, 2019 –
January 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I love the Will Trent series. Unfortunately, I have only read 3 or 4. Seeing that you are reading this has inspired me to pick it back up!

Michael Turashoff I read a few of them a while ago, then a couple weeks ago I was reacquainted with the series. Now I bent on catching myself back up. I think Slaughter (what a name aye) is one of the best writers of our time.

What about you? Have you read any of her other series? I'm a huge fan of good whodunits where you never know who the bad guy is until the very end.

But you get all the clues you need to figure it out. I'm horrible at guessing lol. But I love to try anyway. What are some of the other authors you like?

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Jan 25, 2019 07:45AM) (new)

Tracy I never thought about it before, but it is too funny that her last name is Slaughter. Worked out well for her, too!
I love mysteries as well. Some of my all favorite writers are Norweigan authors, Jo Nesbo who writes the "Harry Hole series" and Henning Mankell's" Kurt Wallander series." Book 1 of Harry Hole is "The Bat" and Kurt Wallander's is "The Pyramid." John Starks' Parker series and John Lutz's "Frank Quinn" Series, Gregg Hurwitz's "Tim Rackley" series, Elizabeth George's "Inspector Lynley series." Another, I really like is Richard Montanari's "Kevin Byrne and Jessica Balzano Series." Different, and one of my favorites because they are a duo, and both forces to reckoned with. Well written and well done. I could go on and on. . . Anyhow, I hope I didn't overkill my answer. Let me know if you read any of the above. Jo Nesbo and Henning Mankell's series are in my top five if this helps. They also have a number of great stand-alone novels.
Have a good one! ( = o )

Michael Turashoff Tracy,

Thank you so much for your response, no it wasn't overkill quite the opposite. I could also talk about books forever (sounds like we will be good book buddies). No, I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, and don't even know most of the authors, except the Harry Potter series. However, I'm always on the hunt for a new author and a great next read.

Please give me a suggestion for my next read, here are some of my preferences:

I prefer American authors and stories based in the United States, I guess there're just easier for me to relate to, even though my all-time favorite author is still the Queen of Mystery, Agatha Christie.

I love great "Whodunits" that keep me guessing until the final word. I love to attempt figuring out who the villain is but usually wind up duped, if the story is well written.

I also enjoy court room dramas, suspense, thrillers, true history, biographies, and several other categories. I don't care for romance and that sort of thing.

As you can see from my "Books Read" I love Slaughter (one of the best authors of our time), Patterson (maybe the best), Dan Brown (great puzzlers), Grisham (wonderful court room dramas and great characters), Michael Connelly (I love Bosch), and so on.

Where are you located? I live in Western Michigan where the temperature this week is hovering around 0 which to me is perfect weather to curl up in a warm home with a great book. Now all I need is a fire, but honestly all I need is a good book and I'm on my way to new adventures.

Over a thousand books read I can see you are a huge book lover and I look forward in sharing your knowledge and conversation.

Have a Great Day,

Michael D. Turashoff

Follow my writing at mdtcreative

Skype ID: mdtcreative

Email: michael@mdtcreative.com

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Hey, Michael!

I see you are reading Memory Man. Read that one a while back and like the Amos Decker series quite a bit. Pretty much enjoy all of David Baldacci's books.

I live in Herndon, VA, which is the Suburbs of D.C. We have been here for almost twenty years. I am native to Philly ( born and raised) and we are Philly sports fans through and through.

I've never been to Michigan but I know the University of Michigan is a great school, and you guys certainly do have cold winters!

Can't wait to hear how you liked Memory Man.

Stay Warm!

Tracy

Michael Turashoff Thank you for the response. I'm 80% finished with "Memory Man" and I'm loving it. However, I do have some issues with the book. Some of the events sound too far fetched to be believable (my opinion)

Other than that I am enjoying the books. Being a writer myself I tend to focus more on the writing as well as the story. That's why I come up with these observations.

As far as Michigan, there is an old statement about the weather, "If you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes and it will change."

This is very true about the state because just a couple weeks ago i was in the single digits and the next day was 40 only for it to go back down on the third day.

Weather in Michigan can be crazy.