Tari's Reviews > Christmas Carol Murder

Christmas Carol Murder by Leslie Meier

bookshelves: 2019-i-spy, 30-day-cmbc, jan-jam-jar-2019, winters-respite-2019

I think this is my favorite Lucy Stone yet, admittedly I haven't read a lot of them, but of the ones I have read, I love this one and how it closely mirrored the story A Christmas Carol. The local community theater in Tinker's Cove was putting on the play. Even the characters of Jake Marlowe, the death of an old town miser who was Ben Scribner's business partner (get it, EBENezer SCRooge, I thought it was cool). If you read carefully, you can pick out the various parts of the plot that are just like the Ghosts of Christmas Present, Past and Future and most importantly, Scrooge's reformation. I love how the local story of the little girl who needed a kidney turned out.

I never guessed the killer until the clues started falling into place in the very last pages of the book! It was an exciting showdown and one that could have literally gotten Lucy blown to kingdom come. It did have a very happy ending, especially for a couple of the people in town. And I loved Miss Tillie's toast at the end, "God bless us every one. Merry Christmas!"

I'm so glad my library had this out in its Christmas display. It took me awhile to get time for it but I really enjoyed it once I read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Carol Murder.

January 20, 2019 – Started Reading