Lee's Reviews > Orb Sceptre Throne

Orb Sceptre Throne by Ian C. Esslemont

Jan 26, 2012

bookshelves: epic-fantasy

Done, dusted, finished. ICE has stepped up the pacing and the quality of his characters and humour. Enjoyable.
Review to come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Orb Sceptre Throne.

January 26, 2012 – Started Reading
January 26, 2012 – Shelved
January 26, 2012 – Shelved as: epic-fantasy
January 26, 2012 –
page 10
1.65% "Here we go. Everything on hold as I launch into this. Must admit, have high expectations from this, especially with the way ICE's books have gotten better and better. I am curious as to how he is going to write the Kruppe character as I believe that will be one of the biggest challenges, keeping the SE Kruppe that we all love/hate so much."
January 29, 2012 –
page 100
16.53% "OMG The king of High House Dark?! The Orb and some face mask sucking instrument of death. WOW this book is damn exciting already. Humble Measure, you seem a mean SOB and nothing you plan seems to be good news for Darujhistan."
January 30, 2012 –
page 160
January 30, 2012 –
page 160
26.45% "This is turning out to be a very well written book. I am completely hooked on this. Finally in the world of Malazan a bit more about the Seguleh."
February 6, 2012 –
page 450
74.38% "Fascinating story. The Seguleh are a major part of the story. It has multiple plots and they are all starting to converge now. His chapters are short so you are just getting into a plot and bang you're off somewhere else. Amazing how the Seguleh are being changed into something they dont want to be, who would have thunk it eh?"
February 6, 2012 –
page 500
82.64% "ICE is no where near succeeding in writing a believable Kruppe character. Nothing like him. It is painful in parts."
February 7, 2012 –
page 700
100% "The big ending. I was hoping to read a little bit more about the Moranth. Everytime I read a Malazan book it opens up more story opportunities. This book gives us a fascinating glimpse at the Seguleh/Moranth wars of ancient past. I want to read more."
February 7, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh! How did you get a copy of this?!?!?!

message 2: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee It is available on Kindle.
I am looking forward to hearing all about Darujhistan again. I have realised that I enjoy the character that is not often mentioned in these groups as a favorite, but has actually played a interesting role throughout the series, Baruk.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Ahhhh Kindle. I haven't been on GR for a long time but I did notice you loved DoD. And you've now reminded me I can get a Malazan fix from Esslemont, I've been in a strange place with reading. Ever since I got addicted to Words with Friends on Facebook, ha! So which is the first Esslemont I should read?

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori I assume Knives is the first and my local library has it BUT the newest isn't in their system. My library is failing, so many books they don't have, and they used to have everything. Severe budget problems.