Kat Snark's Reviews > The Renegade

The Renegade by Jessica Bird

22207986

4 Angsty stars!!

This was the best Moorehouse book yet! You know I love a good strong, tormented hero. And Alex Moorehouse (brother to Frankie and Joy of books #1 and #2) was no exception.

We find out in book #1 that Alex was in a boating accident that killed his partner/best friend and left him devastatingly injured. For Alex, who has captained a competitive ship crew (I don't have too much knowledge on the book, forgive me) and who has an independent streak a mile wide.

He's also wracked with guilt after being in love with his best friend's wife for six years. But when she is the architect chosen to fix his sisters' house (where is staying for the duration of his injury), THINGS OCCUR and it's very sweet and angsty.

I don't typically like the back-and-forth, yes-no-yes-no books where the relationship is consistently hot and cold, but it really worked for this series. Alex was horribly injured after his accident, and although it didn't cause any lasting and debilitating damage, he was too stubborn to ask for help and pushed every one away. Emotionally, and physically. So to see him melt and harden (hehehe) against Cassandra didn't feel forced or angsty-for-angst's-sake, but ended up being thoroughly enjoyable and triumphant in the end.

Check out more totally awesome bookish content at www.covertocoverlit.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Renegade.

January 20, 2019 – Started Reading