Claire's Reviews > The Alchemy of Forever

Jan 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: from-goodreads, read-2012, companions-sequels
Read from April 24 to 25, 2012

I liked this more than I expected to. As Incarnates, the characters seem a bit uppity to me, it's not until Sera takes over Kaileys body that I found myself relating to the character more. While the story is quite straight forward and I really hope that she can get away from Cyrus, I wonder if I am focusing on the wrong parts of the story... Like, I get that the body they previous inhabit turns to dust but hey have just taken over someone elses body - that person had a life and family. Are they faking this persons death? Are they moving to another part of the country? Yes, they have a new name but the person still looks like the person they have inserted their soul into! Also, I have questions that I think will probably go unanswered - like.. Where was Kailey going the night of the accident? Who was the guy at the coffee house that it seemed like she was going to meet? I know the story is about Sera but she's taken over Kaileys life, I'd like some of her back story as well (well, as much as we can get now that she's dead). I really liked Noah, he is a lovely and sweet character but based on how it ended, I get the feeling he will be less lovely in the next book. Very curious to see what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alchemy of Forever.