Leonore H.'s Reviews > A Very Special House

A Very Special House by Thea Ramsay

U 50x66

Part ghost story, part psychological puzzle, and totally terrific, A Very Special House will no doubt haunt your memory for a long time to come. The evocation of the atmosphere of both Maui and the special “honey house” that resides there is superb. Unusual and striking are the author’s mentions of various beloved smells: of flowers, rain, wood, new paper, new pencils, food, and more.

As a fellow writer, I have to say that this novella features some of the best and most realistic dialogue I’ve ever read. Throughout the book, the reader is borne along on alternating waves of memory and wishing, of what was and what was longed for. The surprise ending is deeply gratifying. Don’t miss this compact masterpiece.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Very Special House.

January 19, 2019 – Started Reading
January 19, 2019 – Shelved
March 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Thea Ramsay All reports are in. You're an angel. Officially. Thanks many times over.
If you have a moment, check out the reviews of Lucy. A couple of young women made my day, can't wait for book 2. I don't have any problems with consgtructive criticism, but when I get reviews from people who don't know me, and they're enthralled, it's amazing.
T.