Kelly's Reviews > White Oleander

did not like it
bookshelves: smarty-pants, audiobook
Recommended to Kelly by: Oprah
Recommended for: enemies

I only wish there were a star less than one. I wish I could remove stars. I wish there were a star deficit rating.

This book almost made me give up reading all together. It is definitely the last book I trusted from Oprah. I still think she owes me money and those days of my life back.

It was page after page of the most depressing writing I've ever read with absolutely no pay off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Oleander.

08/27/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Loy Son Haha, this review made me laugh.
I felt that Fitch spent way too much time trying too hard to make the writing "poetic."

Margot why should their be a 'pay off.' people who want pay offs are the people who have RUINED the publishing and film industry

Mathew Ha ha. '...the book that made me give up reading altogether.' The all time greatest dis.

Christy Blevins LOL! I agree...man could it have gotten any more depressing????

Luna Andres Actually, the depression, page after page is what made the story perfect.

message 6: by Saryta (new)

Saryta Rodriguez Best book that (to my knowledge- not a member) has ever been an Oprah Book Club pick: 100 Years of Solitude :-) I read it before it was picked and was pleased that it was, after which I started occasionally looking up Oprah's bookness.

Camille Rivett This book is one of the best books that I have read in a while. Ya it was depressing at parts but it was so good.

Caroleena Stantonova Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one forced you to keep at this book. Or was it on the last page that you discovered your loathe for this read...hmm?

message 9: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Webb Actually, the seductive, dark, and poignant-ness IS the book. It's like saying, for example, (not talking about White Oleander), "This fantasy book had a lot of fantasy I hate fantasy!!"

No shit Sherlock.

Stacey Maybe your first mistake was trusting Oprahs book club picks? That's something that I usually stay far away from!