James DeSantis's Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Welcome to the Team

Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Andrew Chambliss

liked it

Another volume of season 9, another pretty good but not great volume.

Buffy is now teamed up with her near vamp-kill squad but things might not go in her favor when a old friend comes to visit. On top of that we have Dawn dealing with being sick and Xander losing his cool far too often which leads to some terrible choices. We then have our new vampire slayer trying to prove himself but will he get in over his head? Let's find out right now!

Good: The pacing is pretty well done. Never boring, flows good, and we have all our characters shine for moments here and there. The heating up to the finale is working well as Buffy is dealing with a nervous and broken Xander. The stakes grow a little more too making it a more interesting volume.

Bad: The art and fights are still pretty dull for the most part. The new slayer loses a lot of interest here compared to his opening in the last volume.

Overall, good, like this whole season, I just wished I could give it higher. Either way, a 3 out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

January 19, 2019 – Started Reading