melissa1lbr's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

liked it
bookshelves: arcs, collection, e-book, review-copy, young-adult

Things I Liked:
Kagawa can write a killer good faery story. I love the complex world she's created and especially the many unique characters that inhabit Faery. There are so many aspects of the Nevernever that make this story interesting and add depth. I also love a good story and this one definitely has a good story. Action and adventure, sacrifice, love, understanding, and a touch of humor. Something for everyone in this one. Though I saw the ending coming a mile away (I mean, who didn't?) I still enjoyed the journey. I'll be interested to see where Kagawa goes next.

Things I Didn't Like:
I actually had a really hard time getting into the book. I've never been that much of a fan of Ash, to be honest, so that probably was part of it. The story was pretty slow moving too, despite having some awesome action sequences. I just really struggled through about the first half of the book. After that, I got into it enough. It was pretty predictable in the story arc, and a little bit sappy sweet, but I think Kagawa strikes a pretty good balance too. But man, I really liked Puck more.
Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

January 26, 2012 – Started Reading