Danielle's Reviews > Light from Other Stars

Light from Other Stars by Erika Swyler

This book was crackers bananas. Nothing I expected to happen, happened.

If you like a book that surprises you, this is it. Erika Swyler is skilled at unraveling secrets in a way that doesn't make you hate the characters. I feel like that's a talent, because in some stories, any person who carries a secret is not seen as such a nuanced person.

In Light from Other Stars, we are split between two moments in Nedda's life - her childhood and her adulthood. In her childhood, she is in Florida with her parents and we follow her post watching the Challenger explode. In her adulthood, she is aboard a spaceship, and we watch as she supports her team through the many challenges that unveil themselves through out the book. Going into this, the element of sci-fi seemed to only be space related, but it turns out, time is what truly affects the characters.

I loved this book. Sci-fi is my preferred genre and anyone who likes it will enjoy this.

I will write a more extensive review as we draw closer to the publication date.

Thanks to Netgalley and Bloomsbury Publishing for the advanced copy of Light From Other Stars in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light from Other Stars.

January 18, 2019 – Started Reading
January 18, 2019 – Shelved
January 19, 2019 –
January 21, 2019 –
January 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Elyse Walters 🙂great crackers/banana with yummy cherries - review!!!!! 📚🥰