Tari's Reviews > Peril at the Pawn Shop

Peril at the Pawn Shop by Mel Faye

bookshelves: winters-respite-2019, 30-day-cmbc

This has to be a new record for me. I bought this book today not sure when I'd read it, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to read it because of the adorable pug on the cover. It was such a fun start for a new series, and a new-to-me author.

Annie Hudson loved working with dogs. She trained, walked, pet sat them and had been saving to open her own small shop specializing in something having to do with dogs. She also liked playing amateur sleuth, and after a couple of murders took place in her small Connecticut town, she found herself almost spending as much time sleuthing as she did working for her dog clients. The side story was that a big development company was wanting to buy out a lot of the small shops in town to bring in national chain stores. From the sound of it, Annie had already had run-ins with the CEO of the company. She was sure he was behind at least the first murder.

This was a quick and fun read. I liked Annie immediately and her friend Charlotte, the CSI was a fun character too. Annie met and started dating Hank, so I'm sure something will progress in that direction seeing how they've had a couple of dates already. I absolutely loved little Ralph and how he would charm everyone in town with his good behavior and even helped Annie in training other dogs on how to be more social. I didn't guess the killer and I know I'll be wanting to read the next book when it comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peril at the Pawn Shop.

January 18, 2019 – Started Reading